My adventures in video editing

jboyl5av on Mar 20th 2008

So after several hours spent editing raw footage on windows movie maker, I have gained great appreciation for the fellows that actually do this kind of a thing for a living. I have learned that the process takes much patience, but I certainly am getting very familiar with the software. One thing I have decided to change to make this process a little easier in the future is to put a stricter time limit on the interviews – it is much more difficult to cut down an hour of raw footage into a 20 minute edited video than it would be to turn a 30 minute interview into a 20 minute segment. Another challenge in the process is deciding exactly what is important in the interview, and what should be cut. While editing the footage, I have to keep the question of “how is this relevant to the purpose of our project?” in the back of my mind. I never heard back from my interviewee about artifacts, so I am going to attempt to contact him again. I should be done editing the video very soon, and then we can get it up on Utube and on our website. The next step in further progress for our group will be to gather a few more alumni to interview, which is something our group needs to discuss.

Filed in Uncategorized | One response so far

One Response to “My adventures in video editing”

1. » My adventures in video editingon 20 Mar 2008 at 7:51 am

[…] Liberal Forum – Politics, News, Videos, and Girls wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerpt So after several hours spent editing raw footage on windows movie maker, I have gained great appreciation for the fellows that actually do this kind of a thing for a living. I have learned that the process takes much patience, but I certainly am getting very familiar with the software. One thing I have decided to change to make this process a little easier in the future is to put a stricter time limit on the interviews – it is much more difficult to cut down an hour of raw footage into a 20 min […]